Friday, March 30, 2012

Roll with it ...

One of the best parts about being a parent, is you see that no matter what you say/do, your poor, unsuspecting little one has to do it (well ... kind of).  We are in that blissful stage where she doesn't care what she wears or what we do on our day off - it's awesome.  She doesn't even care all that much anymore what she eats - as long as she eats! 

Dustin was getting her dressed the other morning and started to giggle - curious, I asked what was up and he came holding her wearing these --
SHOE-SOCKS!!  How cute are these??!  LOVE them.  Drea was all-about it too - she kept grabbing them, so it was really a win-win situation!

Last year, I found 2 swings for free near my office, so I nabbed them and gave one to my parents.  This past weekend, my Dad hung it up and we plopped the little munchkin in ... she was a fan, but the novelty wore off since she was "confined."
Hesitant, but cute :)
Last night, here & I had the night to ourselves while Dustin was at the Wild game.  I think she could sense my fear of running out of "entertaining things" to do, so she was pretty mellow and easy (whew)!!!  I did get a couple cute pictures while she was eating ...
I'm calling this first look - "Uh, I'm eating here"

But this second look ... this is just down-right ADORABLE!
Yep.  We had fun :)  But, I don't want to take all of the credit.  There are countless DVD cases that took quite a beating and I want  to make sure they get the credit they deserve.  Not to mention, a certain "unsung hero" in our house - Cati, our cat (don't mispronounce his name, he gets a little touchy since it's short for the motorcycle, "Ducati" and not the "girly-name" it looks like).

Talk about Rolling With It ... this guy just takes whatever Drea dishes out --
I've given up on trying to get a non-blurry picture of her when she's not confined
Notice how he's perfectly content while she likely has a chunk of his fur in her left hand?!  What a trooper.  He even chooses to lay by her when she's "free" ... 
Notice his head is dangerously close to her hand
He rests his head on her lap and she plucks his eyes, pull his whiskers and rips/pets his ears ... but it's really quite sweet, if you don't mind watching minor harm come to an innocent animal.  But hey - if he wants to hang out with her, I'm all for it - I'll take whatever help I can get to keep her happy!

We do have another cat, but he leaves the room - literally gets up (even if he's sleeping), and will leave the room if she enters it - so he's not pictured ... ever.

You see - it's all about teamwork.  The Lind family is a finely-tuned machine.  Everybody does their part ... unless you don't want to, and then, well, we drink so we don't notice the chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment